Building Regulations Compliance Certificate
You will receive one of these when our Gas Safe engineers install a heat producing gas appliance in your property. It’s an effective way of informing the Local Authority of the new appliance, and you will receive it in the post within 28 days of the new appliance being installed.
“A completion certificate is then issued by the building control body (or a ‘final certificate‘ if the building control body is an approved inspector”
Gas Safety Record
The documentation our engineers leave after having fitted, serviced or safety checked an appliance is dependent upon the purpose and type of work carried out. The only documentation required by law is a Landlord Gas Safety Record. This will detail exactly what check the engineer has carried out and if the appliances checked meet the appropriate safety standards.
What would you expect to see on a Landlord’s Gas Safety Record?
As a minimum, the record needs to contain:
- A description and location of each appliance/flue checked
- Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
- Date on which the check was carried out
- The address of the property where the appliance/flue is installed
- The name and address of the landlord (or their agent where applicable)
- Any safety defect identified and any action require or taken to rectify it
- Confirmation of the results of the operational safety checks carried out on the appliances